Friday, November 21, 2008

Friendship


"True friendship is sitting together in silence and feeling like it was the best conversation you've ever had."

This is a topic very dear to my heart. My friends are what make my life worth living. If not for them I can't imagine how life would have been. As a matter of fact, I would probably have been one of those individuals who grow up as ruthless and heartless beasts. I owe my friends my life and I credit them for a great extent of what I am.

I don't have many friends but the few that I have are very precious to me. Each of them is unique in his own way. No two of them are alike but they all are special in their own way. The most important fact that bonds our friendship together is that we can be our true selves with each other. There is no need for any kind of "formality" or "etiquette" between us.

It is my cozy little group, my family or "my Inner Circle" as I like to call them. I can be myself when I'm with them without any worry that they'll think I'm strange or funny. They tell me their problems and I tell them mine.

Life without them is unimaginable for me now. The day I met them was probably the best day of my life.

"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."
- Anais Nin