Thursday, November 20, 2008

My thoughts on religion

This is my first attempt at posting a blog. So people, please forgive me if I make some blunders.

I took up this topic since it is an evergreen point of debate and discussion (and arguments) at my home, my college and among my friends.

Religion, as far as I care, is just a device to force people to adhere to certain "protocols" so that they will be worthy of a "better life". I do believe in that there is a Superior Force out there who is the Author of this "Order in Chaos" but I don't know what It/He/She is. On the other hand, I am pretty sure that even if He is exactly like how people imagine Him to be, He would never stand for all this nonsense that is happening in the name of religion.

It is rather ironic that people are willing to hurt, rape and kill other people whom they can see,hear and understand for Something or Someone whom they cannot see,hear or understand.

This post was not meant to hurt anybody's sentiments, but if I have inadvertently done so, my most sincere apologies.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

recently added your blog post to my feed reader, have started reading all of 'em.
loved the second last para.