Sunday, July 29, 2012

Unrequited love ..


I was browsing the net for some good songs about unrequited love (Yeah, I enjoy those weepy lyrics .. :) )
Seems people have focused mainly on the "classic" ones.

So, I've decided to list some of the relatively recent songs on this evergreen topic. So pull out your tissues, ladies and gentlemen, here I begin:

1. Gotta be somebody -Nickelback
I'll not waste my time with band introductions.
Let me just say that this is one of those rare songs that feel both melancholic and hopeful at the same time.
These lyrics say it all:

" 'Cuz nobody wants to be the last one there
And everyone wants to feel like someone cares
Someone to love with my life in their hands
There's gotta be somebody for me like that "

Lyrics:
http://www.metrolyrics.com/gotta-be-somebody-lyrics-nickelback.html

Video:

2. Grenade -Bruno Mars
Just heard this song recently and fell in love with it.
Kinda depressing and negative but I like it. ;)

Lyrics:

Video:

3. Boulevard of Broken Dreams -Green Day
I guess most people must've heard this one. Those who haven't, should.
Doesn't speak of love per se, but loneliness is a prominent theme ..

Lyrics:

Video:

4. Never took the time -Akon
This one takes the cake with its neediness.
Akon practically cried his heart out with this one.

Lyrics:

Video:

No comments: